Friday, April 12, 2013

Catcher in the Rye dropped from US school curriculum: Reflection


Check out this article: 

View Article

This is what I think about it:

This article comes very surprising to me. Since I studied in the US for 2 years and since I red books like Catcher in the Rye and A Midsummer Night’s Dream there I know how important this literature is. These sort of books are important for children. They don’t only teach them important lessons but also enable their imagination and creativity. I believe these books should not be replaced by manuals.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your thoughts on the importance of fictional texts in classrooms. Reading and analyzing these types of novels has obviously enhanced your knowledge of English literature and I'm sure that these books will continue to be helpful for future students if they stay in the English curriculum.

    ReplyDelete