Friday, April 12, 2013

The Letter about curriculum changes in America


Dear Santiago,
It is truly unfortunate that your time is almost over. You have had a fascinating life and your stories have always inspired me. I remember once you told me about your adventure with the big Marlin. I want you to know that this story really got me thinking and made me change my life for the better. You showed to me the honor in struggle and the infamy in defeat. Unfortunately no other student will read your book and many might not even hear of your story. This make me mad because I believe that your stories will stay with me for the rest of my time and that they will help me and give me strength whenever I’m struggling. It is sad how your stories will not live on in the young hearts of other kids and teenagers. They will miss out on something. No one can tell stories like you. You had me hooked throughout your whole story. I wish you all your best and I sincerely hope that people will keep reading your books despite the recent academic changes. I have enjoyed my time with you very much and I want to tell you that you are the bravest and strongest man I know.

My friend, I will truly miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment